After releasing a summary of its 2023 film and TV slate in mid-January,Netflixslowly adding new tracks to the mix.
One of them is One Piece, a live-action TV series adaptation of the ongoing manga.Cowboy Bebop, the 2021 Netflix live-action adaptation of the anime of the same name, was canceled after one season. Maybe that lowers your expectations for the new series. Note that not all upcoming Netflix titles have an exact release date yet, and more new movies and shows may be announced in the future.
The following descriptions are from the Netflix press release.
- Dog gone – January 13:family movie. "After a young man and his beloved dog are separated on the Appalachian Trail, he and his father must begin a desperate quest to find him before it's too late. Based on an incredible true story of humanity and everyday heroism.”
- Jung-- 20 January:"In 2194, civil war erupts among the survivors of Earth Cataclysm. A war hero, Major Jung-e, falls into a coma after suffering a serious injury, and his family is forced to donate his brain data to the Next Generation Laboratory. "
- You, January 27:"When Ezra Cohen (Jonah Hill) and Amira Mohammed (Lauren London) hitchhike together in Los Angeles, the two bond through a shared love of streetwear and music."
- Pamela, a love story – January 31:"Pamela A Love Story is an intimate and humanizing portrait of one of the world's most famous blondes, and follows the life and career journey of Pamela Anderson from small town girl to international sex symbol, actress, activist and loving mother."
- True Spirit – February 3:"When tenacious young sailor Jessica Watson (Teagan Croft) decides to become the youngest person to sail around the world alone, non-stop and unaided, many expect her to fail."
- Bill Russell: Caption - February 8th: "Documentary about the life and legacy of NBA legend and civil rights icon Bill Russell."
- Your place or mine – February 10:"Debbie and Peter are best friends and complete opposites. She longs for routine with her son in Los Angeles; he loves the changes in New York being the same. be what they really need.”
- We have a spirit, February 24th:"The discovery of a ghost named Ernest haunting their new home turns Kevin's family into an overnight social media sensation. But when Kevin and Ernest go rogue to investigate the mystery of Ernest's past, they become targets for the CIA.
- Luther: The Fallen Sun – March 10:"In Luther: The Fallen Sun, an epic sequel to the award-winning television saga reimagined for the screen, a horrific serial killer terrorizes London while the brilliant but disgraced Detective John Luther (Idris Elba) sits behind bars."
- The Wizard's Elephant – March 17:“When Peter (voiced by Noah Jupe), who is searching for his long-lost sister named Adele (voiced by Pixie Davies), meets a fortune teller in the town square, he has only one question on his mind. Her My Sister Still Alive?... The Magician's Elephant is based on the classic novel by double Newbery Award-winning author Kate DiCamillo.
- Crime 2 – March 31:"Now full-time detectives struggling to get their private investigation agency up and running, Nick and Audrey Spitz find themselves at the center of an international kidnapping when their friend the Maharajah is kidnapped from his own lavish wedding."
- A Guide to Love - April 27th:"After an unexpected breakup, a tour guide takes on the job of undercover and learning more about the tourism industry in Vietnam. Life and love off the beaten path.
- The Mother – May 12:"A deadly assassin comes out of hiding to protect the daughter she gave birth to years ago while fleeing dangerous men."
- Extraction 2 -- 16. June:"Chris Hemsworth returns as Tyler Rake in Extraction 2, the sequel to the hit Netflix action film Extraction."
- They cloned Tyrone on July 21:"A hair-raising series of events leads an unlikely trio (John Boyega, Jamie Foxx and Teyonah Parris) to the bottom of a nefarious government conspiracy in this goofy, mysterious adventure."
- Steinherz – 11. August:"Rachel Stone (Gal Gadot) is a secret agent, the only woman standing between her powerful global peace organization and the loss of her most valuable and dangerous asset."
- Elevator -- August 25:Action/Heist "An international assault team is recruited to prevent a terrorist attack and must carry out the heist on a mid-flight aircraft."
- Virgo -- October 13:Chic. “A dutiful girl agrees to marry a handsome prince, only to find out the royal family recruited her as a victim to pay off an old debt. Thrown into a cave with a fire-breathing dragon, she must rely on her wits and will... to survive.”
- Pain Hustlers – October 27:A factory worker struggling to raise her daughter loses her job and takes a job at a bankrupt pharmaceutical company, only to find herself embroiled in a dangerous organized crime.
- The Killer - November 10th:Based on the comic series The Killer by Alexis Nolent (aka Matz) and illustrated by Luc Jacamon. "After a fateful near miss, a murderer finds himself fighting his employers and himself in an international manhunt that he says is not personal."
- A Family Affair – November 17:romantic comedy. "A surprise romance unleashes comic consequences for a young woman, her mother and her movie star boss as they grapple with the complications of love, sex and identity."
- Leo - Nov 22:"Actor/comedian Adam Sandler (Hotel Transylvania, The Wedding Singer) provides signature laughs in this coming-of-age animated musical about an elementary school senior seen through the eyes of a class mascot."
- Leave the world behind – December 8th:Based on the novel Leave the World Behind by Rumaan Alam. "Two strangers interrupt the family's Long Island vacation with news of a mysterious power outage. As the threat grows, both families must decide how best to survive the potential crisis while struggling to find their own home in a "collapsing world."
- Rebel Moon – December 22nd:"When a peaceful colony on the edge of the galaxy is threatened by the armies of the tyrannical ruler Balisarius, a young woman with a mysterious past named Kora is sent to seek out warriors from neighboring planets to help them assert themselves."
- Bottle:action and adventure. "While visiting family in Mexico, teenage Alex finds unexpected company when he discovers a young chupacabra hiding in his grandfather's shed. To save the mythical creature, Alex and his cousins must embark on the adventure of a lifetime."
- Kill a Boxoon:“Boksoon leads a double life: the mother of a teenage daughter and the legendary professional assassin for top-tier homicide agency MK. engaged in an inevitable struggle.
- Lucky for Beginners:"Based on the popular novel by Katherine Center."
- The perfect find:"A 40-year-old woman with everything at stake -- her high-stakes career, her biological clock, her bank account -- will risk it all on an extremely lecherous secret romance with the one person that could ruin her comeback forever ? "
- Love at first sight:“Love At First Sight is a charming romantic comedy from the producers of the For All Boys franchise, based on the popular novel The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith. Starring Ben Hardy, Haley Lu Richardson, Jameela Jamil and Rob Delaney, Dexter Fletcher and Sally Phillips".
- Nyad:The remarkable true story of marathon swimmer Diana Nyad, who at age 64 became the first person to complete Everest of Swims, a 53-hour, 110-mile swim from Cuba to Florida. sharks".
- Astronaut:"When an astronaut sent to the edge of the galaxy to collect the mysterious ancient dust finds his mortal life falling apart, he turns to the only voice who can help him put it back together. Turns out it belongs to a creature from the dawn of time that lurks in the shadow of your ship."
TBA around 2023
- Los Archies:“The Archies, a film adaptation of the comics, is produced by Tiger Baby and Graphic India and will be released exclusively on Netflix. The film is a live-action musical set in 1960s India, directed by Zoya Akhtar.”
- Improve. Christmas. At any time.:Christmas film starring Heather Graham, Brandy, Jason Biggs and Matt Cedeño.
- Maximum load (revision):"In Netflix's first Brazilian action film, Roger is a truck driver who starts driving for a gang of cargo thieves to support his crew. Once he gets into the crime, he has to fight his way free.”
- Chakda-Express:"The film is inspired by the incredible story of one of the fastest women in world cricket history, Jhulan Goswami, who despite countless obstacles climbs the ladder to fulfill her one dream: playing cricket."
- Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget:Sequel to the stop-motion animated comedy A Fuga das Galinhas.
- Choose love:Netflix's first interactive romantic comedy starring Laura Marano and Scott Michael Foster.
- The deepest breath:Documentary. “A champion freediver trains to break a world record with the help of an experienced safety diver, and the two form an emotional bond that feels like destiny. This touching film follows the paths they took to reach the pinnacle of diving. Freediving, documenting the exhilarating rewards - and inescapable risks - of pursuing a dream in the silent depths of the ocean."
- Maestro:"Maestro is a bold and powerful love story that chronicles the enduring relationship between Leonard Bernstein and Felicia Montealegre Cohn Bernstein. Maestro is a declaration of love for life and art and, at its core, an emotionally epic portrait of family and love.”
- monkey man:"An unexpected hero emerges from prison to confront a world mired in corporate greed and the erosion of spiritual values, seeking revenge on those who took everything from him so many years ago."
- The Monkey King:“The Monkey King is an action-packed family comedy that follows a monkey and his magical battle crew as they join forces on an epic journey that will face gods, demons, dragons and their greatest enemy of all, the monkey himself. . I!"
- Nimona:"A knight is accused of a crime he didn't commit and the only person who can help him prove his innocence is Nimona, a shape-shifting teenager who could very well be a monster he is sworn to kill." has. Unlike all the animations we've covered before, this is about the labels we humans put on and the shapeshifter that refuses to be defined by anyone."
- The Bad Boys:“Owen Browning (Adam Devine) is a straight bank executive about to marry the love of his life, Parker. When notorious ghost bandits break into his bank on wedding week, he thinks his future in-laws, who have just arrived in town, are the notorious bandits."
- One piece:Live action adaptation of the Japanese manga series.
- Player:New York sportswriter Mack (Gina Rodriguez) has spent years planning successful "games" with her best friend Adam (Damon Wayans Jr.) and his team, but when she unexpectedly falls head over heels into one of her targets (Tom Ellis ) in love. , everyone has to learn what it takes to go from just scoring goals to playing forever."
- Reptile:"Following the brutal murder of a young real estate agent, a hardened detective sets out on a quest to uncover the truth about a case where nothing is as it seems, dismantling the illusions of his own life in the process."
- Rustin:“Bayard Rustin, the brilliant strategist behind the momentous March on Washington in 1963 and a close advisor to Martin Luther King Jr., dedicated his life to the relentless pursuit of racial equality, human rights and global democracy… Led by George C. Wolfe and with the Tony Award winner and Emmy nominee Colman Domingo, Rustin examines the life of this unsung hero, a man whose influential work as an activist changed the course of history.”
- Shirley:“Shirley is an intimate portrait of seminal political icon Shirley Chisholm, the first black congresswoman and first black woman to run for President of the United States, and the cost of that achievement to Shirley herself. Presidential campaign, based on extensive and exclusive interviews with family , friends and those who knew them best."
- Untitled Wes Anderson/Roald Dahl Film:"Wes Anderson's adaptation of several of Roald Dahl's short stories, including The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar."
- Victim/Suspect:“Investigative journalist Rae de Leon travels across the country to uncover and investigate a shocking pattern: Young women tell police they have been sexually assaulted, but instead of finding justice, they are charged with the crime, and filed a false report being arrested and even imprisoned by the system they believed would protect them.
- Netflix: the 49 best movies to watch
- Netflix: The 52 Best TV Shows to Watch